Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Headache Clinic

Today I went for my appointment at the Headache Clinic of South West Virginia. It's located in Lewis Gale Hospital....

Today went great I think. I really liked my doctor there, and he's trying some different stuff instead of just the usual switch medicines around.... which he did take me off of one of my meds and give me a couple new ones to try, but that's beside the point.

He told me I'm not getting enough sleep, so he wants me to get a good 45 minute walk in every evening. He also wants me to shower or soak in the tub before bedtime.... which is the opposite from what I normally do, I usually shower every morning. I was also given some stretching exercises to do that will loosen up my neck muscles. I have to start keeping a headache journal to keep track of what goes on on a daily basis. I also was instructed to stop trying to treat my daily headaches with pain medications, because since they're not working, they're probably making things worse.

I told him about my appointment at Jefferson in Philly, and he told me I should definitely still go there. He said he'd do his best to get me straightened out, but that the doctor at Jefferson and his team are some of the best in the world. So I guess in November, we'll (Mia and I) will be heading to PA. haha

Anyways, I guess that's about it.... I'm feeling really good about the changes that I'll be making after today's appointment. thanks for your continued prayers!

4 comments:

Donna said...

This makes much more sense than what dad told me. :) All sounds very sensible to me, and it makes me wonder why no other doctor suggested these things! You may find that just these simple changes will be what makes the difference, especially the not treating your daily headache, i've said all along that was creating rebound headaches......but nobody listens to me!!!! :) anyways.....Hope it works out this time!!

Love ya bro!

Anonymous said...

OH MY...Dr. Stanley has spoken! LOL

Glad to hear things are looking brighter Chris. Wonder if you an sweet talk Stephanie into rubbing your neck and head everynight?? LOL

Keep us posted!!

Luv ya!
Ang

Donna said...

LOL...not Dr. Stanley.....just have dealt with rebound headaches before.....smarty pants! :)

Michelle said...

There is HOPE!