Sunday, October 16, 2011

Going back to Philly


For those that still check in on here for updates, I thought I'd fill ya in. As you may or may not remember, I stopped going to the Jefferson Headache Center sometime last year. Lack of finances to make the trip from VA to Philly, and also changes in insurance kept me from keeping up with my doctors there. I tried several other doctors in VA, from pain management to neurologists with not much luck at all.

Now since we're living in PA, and Stephanie has much better insurance through Hershey Medical Center, I'm going to be able to go back to JHC in Philadelphia. The doctor I was seeing is no longer there, but they were able to get me in to see another doctor this coming Wednesday, Oct. 19th. I was worried that I'd have to start all over from the beginning since it had been a while since I'd been there, but they said it wouldn't be a problem. I'm hoping now that Botox has been FDA approved for headache treatment, and they probably have some newer techniques as well, that we can finally get these things under control.

It's frustrating to not be able to plan things, cancel plans you've already made, miss small groups, and miss out on my family because of being in pain. I never know when or how long the headache is gonna hit. So tough.... here's to praying for relief!

1 comment:

Suzie Skinner said...

wow chris, how was the appointment?? I didn't evenknow you guys were living in PA now?
Are you near Stephanie's family? Tell Stephanie I said Hi!
Suzie Skinner