Thursday, September 11, 2008

Headache Plan Update

It's been a couple weeks since I've updated y'all on what's happening with my headaches. I think the last time I wrote about them, I'd just gotten home from Hershey, PA after spending 3 days in the hospital getting an IV infusion of the drug DHE. They sent me home, and doubled my dose of Neurontin and told me to try that for 2-3 weeks.

Well it's been 2 weeks, and so far my headaches haven't gotten better. I did have a couple days with only a few headache pains, but overall things have actually been worse. I've had to take Lortabs several times because OTC meds and my migraine meds didn't ease the pain. I also ended up in the Emergency Room last Friday night from a terrible migraine, and had to be given 2 doses each of morphine and Phenergan to ease my pain and vomitting.

Today I called my doctor (or her nurse at least) at Hershey and told them how things have been going. Well they called me back and said that they're going to change my medicine from Neurontin to Lyrica. Also my doctor said that she's considering sending me to Jefferson Headache Clinic, to which I replied..... LET'S DO IT...... I told her anything that might help, so that I can get back to work, we need to do it. So they should be setting me up with an appointment there..... I don't know exactly what going there entails(is that the right word here?). It may mean staying there for a bit.... who knows. But I know that God is in control.

I will let you know more when I hear something.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey..I was looking at the JHC..you should see if you could get into one of their clinical trials!! Hopefully this will be the place to find all the answers..looks like they have a good team diticated to this. Keeping our fingers crossed!! :)

luv ya

Anonymous said...

oops..that should have been dedicated instead of diticated...HAHAHA..it's been a LOOOOONNNNGGGG week!!

Gary and Charlene Poston said...

You have a geat attitude,Chris! There's an answer. Keep the faith.

Blessings,
Char

Michelle said...

I say yeah to anything that will help. Bring on the clinic.