Friday, September 26, 2008

Yet Another Update!


Today I had to go see my new primary care doctor, since my former doctor is leaving his practice and starting something new. I needed to go in today to get a prescription, and because they wouldn't just give it to me without seeing me.


Anyways, we were talking about everything going on with my headaches and all, and she asked if I had been to the headache center in Salem( VA, about 40 minutes north of here)...


Me: "Umm, I didn't know one existed around here.... never heard of it in any of my research, nor has anyone ever mentioned it to me."


Her: "Well I'm pretty sure there's one in Salem.... let me go check and make sure."


So she leaves for a few minutes and then comes back.... "yeah, there's one there.... would you like to give it a shot?"


Me: "Indeed.... that would save me about 6 and a half hours driving time going there instead of the one in Philly."


So they called, and yeah, they can get me in.... This coming Wednesday! Not only is it saving my drive to PA, but it's also a month earlier than the other appointment! Maybe this place is new, and that's why I've never heard of it, but this is definitely a blessing from God. Lately pain meds haven't been helping my headaches, even my Lortabs have lost their effect.... so I had to call my neurologist yesterday and request something else just to get thru the day..... I have yet to try the new stuff, Ultram, but I'm hoping it'll knock the pain out some.


So far I'm going to keep the appt. in PA just in case things don't work out down here.... but I'm praying they do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that's cool bro. If the Ultram doesn't work..keep it for me. that's what I take for my knees!!:) prayers it all works out!

Michelle said...

praying with you dear amigo