Friday, May 29, 2009

Back from PA, Again




I had my latest doctor's appointment today at the Jefferson Headache Clinic in Philadelphia. Not much has changed since the last visit, still having the headaches daily, they get to about a 7 or 8 out of 10 on a pain scale every day. My doctor told me that we're pretty much getting to the end of the road as far as stuff to try to treat my headaches. There are a few more medicine changes that she can make, a couple of which she did today. She doubled my dose on one medicine, and then started me on a new drug that she's going to try for 2 weeks to see if it helps.




The next step, as I've mentioned before is the Occipital Nerve Stimulator or Botox injections. She told me to call my insurance company on Monday, just to see if by chance they would cover the stimulator, and if they won't, then she wants to know what paperwork/information they would need from her to make an argument for the procedure to be covered for me.




Another and one of the last options, provided I'm unable to get the ONS, or it doesn't work, is to be started on an opiod treatment.... which would be being on pain pills every day. So who knows, that may be the only way to alleviate my pain....
I have to go back again on July 13th, so I guess I'll have more for you then if not before.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

still praying Chris....still praying

Tim said...

Chris,
I never had a journey quite like yours, with hospitals and drugs (well, except antidepressants). You have even inspired me to start my own blog about my trials with headaches. People need hope.

I have a bit of good news for you. I know changing your diet didn't work (it didn't for me either) and neither did massage therapy. However, I found a device that took care of the rest of my headache pain.

I found I was clenching my teeth painfully at night and I wonder if you do that too. Promise me you will check out www.nti-tss.com. I started using this dental device/migraine solution and have had great results!

Best of luck in your trials.