Thursday, May 21, 2009

Some Not So Good News

As many of you know, I had applied for disability with the railroad. I had to submit tons of paperwork, and all of my medical records, as well as have a physical at the beginning of this month, which I thought was the last part of the process. I figured that I should be able to get disability, as I had notes from 3 different doctors stating that I was permanently disabled and unable to perform my railroad duties. Well I got a call earlier this week from the retirement board stating that headquarters in Chicago was requesting more paperwork and also another exam because of one of my meds.... they also stated that my claim was probably going to be denied. When asked why, they said that it was because they go by social security standards for disability, and if it's not on their list, or if they don't consider my condition to be serious, or if they think I can do some other kind of restricted work (which I can't in my current railroad position) then they deny it.

This news affects a bit more than me not getting paid. Most of you know that we were in the process of buying a house, and were figuring my projected income into the loan process. Well with the news of me probably getting denied, we have to try to get a loan based on only Stephanie's income that she'd be making. Well for the house we were buying, this is a no go. So we're not going to be able to get the house that we thought we were going to be living in.... we'll be living in my parents basement a little bit longer. *sigh*

4 comments:

Suzie Skinner said...

oh chris.....i want to tell you, that i am committing to pray for you guys on a regular basis. i must confess that i often forget to pray for you guys until i take time to read your blog, but i know that you need prayer for so much more of a breakthrough....seriously, a real breakthrough in all aspects. so i pray for you tonight that god would go before you in your application, home, mortgage, finances....but especially in your sprirts, hearts, minds....may he pierce through the adversity and the hard circumstances in your world right now bring forth freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom. i pray for freedom in both of your hearts, minds, souls, spirits, and bodies. i'll continue praying, thanks for sharing your experiences

Michelle said...

I am so sorry Chris....wish I could say/do more!

Suburban Girl said...

I found your blog via one of your followers blogs. Want to tell you I love your photos. Also I'll pray for your headaches. I get migraines and I can't imagine not having a headache free day! Best to you.

Suburban Girl said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog too! I live in suburban Philly (Montgomery County) and am a little familiar with Carlisle as I went to college east of Hershey (Lebanon Valley College) and my daughter went to Gettysburg College. Good luck with the headache doctor. Hope you get some answers/relief.