Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Philly--- Day 9---3am Post

My heart monitor, this and my medicine machine, as I called it, I carried with me everywhere I went...

Here it is 3am on a Tuesday, and I'm wide awake. Why am I wide awake you might ask? Cause I'm leaving the hospital today! I may not make it all the way home to VA today, because I'm sure I'll have drugs running thru me up until the time I leave, but at least I'll be out of here. Don't get me wrong, the doctors and nurses have been great. I couldn't have asked for a better staff. In fact, one of my Korean(I think that's her background) nurses, Sun, definitely would have married me off to her daughter had I been the age she thought I was, and unmarried. But that's a story for a different day. The only requirement for today to allow me to come home was that I wake up with no headache..... and still no headache. Going on 24 hours without a headache. You don't even realize how long it's been since I could say that. Hopefully this is the start of something.... No more missing out on my daughter growing up, no more missing friend/family events, no more missing out on life. Wow, what a thought. God has definitely blessed me with an awesome medical team and awesome friends and family who never stopped praying. So this is a bid farewell from the hospital. When I get home, normal photo posts and etc will resume.... with one more hospital related post that will be entitled "Things I learned while in the hospital", which I'm hoping will crack you up.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Chris that is such awesome news on so many levels :) It brings me so much joy! Get home safe :)

Jeremy said...

keep it up strong bad keep up the pace

TymArtist said...

Glad to hear, I'd like to feel like that. Is it chemical or therapeutic or what? Just wondering how it will last outside the hospital.