Friday, January 30, 2009

Philly--- Day 5, Late post

Hey all... sorry for such a late post today... I was actually fasting from the computer to see if being on the laptop here had anything to do with my headaches. Obviously it didn't, because today has been my worst day yet. The rest of the week, my headaches have been in the 5-6(out of 10) range on the pain scale... which is still better than at home, when the daily average is 7-8. But today my headache has been up a notch to 6-7. Also, after the morning visit from the doctor, they upped my lidocaine and droperidol(sp?). Then, right before lunch I started feeling very restless.... I chalked it up to "cabin fever", having not been outside for almost a week. I tried to take a nap, took a walk down the halls, all with no relief. Finally, when the doctors came to visit this evening, they said that it was probably the increse of my droperidol that was causing it and thus, changed that to thorazine..... these medicines are given to combat the nausea that the headache meds can cause. A problem with the thorazine however is that it makes you drowsy.... REALLY, drowsy.... I mean can't even function drowsy... that is to say, it makes one sleepy. So here it is 10pmish, and I've just woken from a 3 hour siesta cause by the thorazine. And that my friends and family is the update for today. Sorry for no photo.... and Angie, to answer your question from earlier in the week, I don't have any photos of my docs and nurses because I'm too big a wuss to say "Hey, can I take your picture." Good night and good luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so disappointed in you! LOL I 'm sure the Indian Dr would love to have his picture taken! Or a pic of them changing your meds on your iv pole. Come on dude...

Sorry your headache is worse..but hey..that's why you're there...hopefully they can figure it out.