Saturday, January 31, 2009

Philly--- Day 6

Wow.. really? Day 6 already? On one side it feels like I've only been here a couple days, yet on the other it feels like I've been here a month. So last night after I blogged, I played a few games online, watched a little TV and then at 12am, that is to say, midnight, I received another dose of my medicines. Once again the thorazine knocked me out.... but only for about 3 hours. At 3am I got up to use the restroom facility, and whilst sitting on the toilet started feeling nauseated, light headed and all around bad. I proceeded to finish up my business and head back to bed. By the time I made it to my bed, I had "tunnel vision" and a loud humming/buzzing sound in my ears, and I could hardly hear the nurse talking to me.... also my blood pressure bottomed out. They said this is probably a result of the thorazine, but that I should be ok. So back to sleep I went.
I woke up this morning at 4:45am with no headache... YAY... but that quickly changed as the longer I stayed up, the worse it got... BOO. It's now to about a 7 out of 10 on the pain scale. I saw my doctor this morning, and he's taking me off of one of the meds, but keeping me on the lidocaine and thorazine, as well as benadryl. Also he's adding more fluids to my IV, so I'll be going thru like a liter of saline an hour. He said if things aren't better by tomorrow, then he's going to order a nerve block to be done.... which is where they umm block the nerves... but seriously they inject a numbing agent like novacaine or something similar into the back of your head where those nerves are located. So hopefully that will relieve the pain.... if not, I dunno what the next step is.
So there is your update for the day. If anything else changes or I have anymore wild reactions to medicines, I'll let you know. Also, for those of you who don't see this side of me very often, forgive my silliness... I am doped up ya know... although it'd probably be cheaper to find somebody on a street corner to help me get doped up.... I KID I KID.....

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Well we continue to pray ...