Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Sigmon 'Shroom Shack

In like 50 years when we're able to retire, that'll be the name of our little Callaway restaurant.... located near the pond, call in orders welcome! haha



I've had a pretty good day today.... not headache free, but definitely not too awful bad either. My dad and I went mushroom hunting today.... yep, you read right.... mushrooms.... morels to be exact. And if you've never tried them, I suggest you give it a shot! Roll em in some flour, and fry in some butter..... they're good.... real good.(read that with a Southern accent) They don't come out till about this time every year, and they don't stay too long... a couple weeks maybe? Anyways, it's something that I enjoy tremendously.... I can remember going when I was younger with my dad, we'd always bet who could find the first, and who would find the most.... needless to say, he almost always won. That proved true today also, he dang near skunked me, but I brought out the big guns and found 2 near the end of the trip! Maybe one day, this is something I can do with my kids as well....


Here's a couple shots from the day.... In the first one, see if you can spot the morel mushroom. Answer revealed at the bottom.... no cheating! It's not that tough anyways...

The location of the 'shroom is circled below! How'd ya do????

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I just loved this post. I mean I actually caught myself smiling. What a great memory and tradition you have there. I love it! One day before you know it little Mia will hunting shrooms. I also loved your pics. The first one was so cool. I was close to the shroom but I think my guess was actually a rolled up crunchy leaf or something.

Michelle said...

That one shot of the mushroom was almost offensive..Eric asked if it was a self portrait?

Chris Sigmon said...

HAHAHA.... yep, you caught me... had to break out the macro lens for it too! *sigh*


I kid.... I kid.....

Also, I'm in the process of scanning some old school pics... y'all are in for a treat.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of myself..I found the 'shroom without cheating!!:) I remember those days too Chris...AHHH the good ol' days! LOL

Just remember you have to let Mia win every once in awhile just like Dad lets you..seriously...you know he let you win every now and then!! ;)