Tuesday, April 8, 2008

So yeah...

Not a whole lot new to report really.... I did find out today that I was denied my Family Medical Leave at work, which would allow me to use FMLA days when I need to be off, instead of calling in sick.... which I've been doing a whole heck of a lot this year. The reason I was denied was basically because I haven't worked enough in the past 12 months... which is weird, because that's exactly why I need the FMLA in the first place, because I'm too sick to work! If that makes sense to any of you, and you can explain it to me, go right ahead....

Also, my pal Zion (aka Z.Z., Z-money) Selent invited me to come to Dayspring today for "Special Someone Day" and I was unable to attend.... :-( I was supposed to work 1st shift today which would have kept me from going, but then I ended up not being able to go because I was sick with a headache again. I can't explain how honored I feel that he thought of me to invite.... that means a lot. Just sucks that I couldn't go :-/
On a happier note, Mia turned the big 1-0 today.... 10 months old, and getting closer to walking every day! She's able to balance herself standing for like 15 seconds or something.... and she's doing wonderfully with her little walker thing.... Anyhooo... that's about it from my neck of the woods... tune in later this week for an update. You may now return to your regularly schedule life.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

excellent post I esp. liked the ZZ part (Big Cheesy Grin) And the anyhoo is classic Skidmon. Going back to your regularly scheduled life just cracked me up. It was great having lunch with Stephanie today. I hope we can all get together sometime soon.

Michelle said...

I can not believe the FMLA CRAP!

Chris Sigmon said...

Yeah... the FMLA stuff is some bull shite.....

Michelle said...

Also, just remember there will always be a "Special Person Day" next year and as much as it pains me to say it, Canaan will be needing someone special too. So I am sure will get another chance :)