Friday, April 4, 2008

Sleep Center


So last night was my appointment at the Carilion Sleep Center. Let me run you thru what went down....


I get there around 8:15p, get settled in, and then they come in and start wiring me up. I had a wire on each leg, one on my collarbone, and one under my ribs... then I had 2 straps also on me, one across my belly, the other across my chest. Then, the fun stuff.... I kid you not when I say that I had at least 20 wires/sensors attached to my head..... It was craziness. After he hooked me all up, I went to take out my contacts and saw myself in the mirror, I almost laughed out loud.... it was ridiculous looking.


So then he plugged all those wires into the machine, and I got comfortable for the night..... watched a lil TV, read some photo mags.... and then lights out. It took me about 30-45 mins to get to sleep, but then I slept pretty good I guess aside from waking myself up from snoring a couple times.


5:30a comes around, and the tech comes and wakes me up.... sonofa... Also, he brings me news of what he noticed thru the night... nothing out of the ordinary... he said I didn't stop breathing and(no sleep apnea) and that my oxygen level stayed around 93 (anything above 90 is good)... also he said I didn't really snore that bad although I woke myself a couple times.


So I get up, get dressed.... and back to our house in Radford to sleep a couple more hours.... then home to FC.


So, yeah, nothing out of the ordinary is good news.... but also a little disappointing, because to me, it's another dead end.... still no answers to my headache problem(s). Don't take this as me wishing bad news on myself, I just wanna know what's going on so it can be fixed.


There you have it.... my night at the sleep center.


Also I'd like to add, that the one time I don't carry my cameras with me, freakin' photo ops all over the place driving home.... foggy fields, the morning sun, gangs of turkies.... all just a little depressing..... hopefully my day will pick up from here.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

So glad you posted what happened. We have been praying. I am sorry for another dead end but I continue to hope for the answers and the weeding out so to speak has to get you closer right?
also Eric did not check e mail while I was gone so he missed out on having you come by. You will have to again. We miss you. Look at your bracelet :)

Pamela said...

I know I never get to see you but I continue to pray that God will heal you and bring relief to you and your family. I love your bird pictures. Birds and flowers - some of my favorite things. Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Shucks...I was hoping to see a picture of you all wired up! LOL
Keep your head up...things will work out in the end.